The multi award winning Hot Aches team present a year at the cutting edge of hardcore trad climbing.
Featuring Britain's best rock climbers, plus top overseas visitors, Committed Vol.1 packs in over 200 'E' points of action: the hardest and most dangerous ascents that have been grabbing the climbing headlines everywhere.
It examines the diversity of climbing style and location that together, make the British trad scene unique and respected around the world. The featured climbs include numerous hard first ascents, audacious repeats and bold solos. From the sea cliffs of Scotland, to the gritstone test pieces of Enlgand, to the mountains in Ireland and Wales...
One theme is consistent: Committed.
- Dave MacLeod ‘after E11’ - on a mission to now climb all the hardest routes
- World class boulderer, James Pearson, turns his attention to hard trad, coming away with some big repeats and then the ultimate prize - the first ascent of gritstone’s hardest route
- Canada’s Sonnie Trotter visits Scotland to try Rhapsody E11
- Australian Ben Cossey rips it up on the grit
- Katherine Schirrmacher on hard grit
- Germany’s Jude Spancken - hard on sighting
- ‘Adventure’ first ascents of the sea cliffs of remote islands
- Plus much more including special appearances from Johnny Dawes, Nick Dixon and John Dunne
'One of the best climbing films ever made… heart-pounding reality.'
- Climbing Magazine (USA)
'E11 may be the best climbing film I’ve ever seen.'
- Rock and Ice (USA)
'This is, hands down, one of the very best climbing movies I’ve ever seen. It’s up there with the best from the Lowell brothers... Watching 'E11' should be compulsary.'
'A superb new climbing film that will surely go down as one of the greats.'
- Planet Fear
'In its quieter moments, it is a love story that involves climbing; in its spectacular moments it is an unsurpassed climbing film that sweeps everything before it...'
- Stone Country
'An alarming insight into the utterly obsessive psyche of world class climbers... Compulsive viewing.'
- Joe Simpson
About the Film
- Release Date
- Bouldering and Climbing
- Adam Long, Alan Cassidy, Ben Cossey, Dan McManus, Dave MacLeod, James Pearson, John Dunne, Johnny Dawes, Jude Spancken, Katherine Schirrmacher, Kev Shields, Neil Mawson, Niall McNair, Nick Dixon and Sonnie Trotter
- Paul Diffley and Dave Brown
- Dave Brown
- Download Filesize
- SD (16:9) 1GB
16 June 2011